Sunday 16 February 2014

Introduction

Hey folks,

If you've found yourself here then first of all I'd like to thank you for supporting my little project(and second of all, wow. I mean I haven't even posted a link anywhere yet!), please feel free to leave a comment to say hi. It's nice to know people care ;)

So first off you can call me Obax, I'm the sole developer on this project, I'm 26 years old, a fan of various types of computer games and of course a bit of a hentai admirer. I'd like to state at this point that these are NOT my only two interests. Although now that I think about it computer games and sex do feature on my mind a lot of the time... Anyway, I've had some experience with RPG Maker in the past having made a couple of non-hentai related titles but I figured it's long past time to dip my toe into the proverbial water or, in this case, puddle of sexual juices that is a hentai themed RPG.

Bordello is more a management game than a traditional RPG and as such there are currently no plans to include combat in the game. Your character is put in the position of taking a run down brothel in the city and turning it into a profitable business by hiring girls, other staff members such as security etc and upgrading your facilities. At this moment in time I have planned for around 40 employable girls although depending on the detail of each that may increase or decrease as we move on. Any images in the game up to this point are purely place holders, I have a few ideas regarding images but that's a bridge I'll cross when things are a little further along the line and at that point I will be asking a community opinion on how to proceed, after all this is a game and games are made for the players.

I will be releasing a playable demo version in the near future, the starting section of the game is finished and now I'm really focusing on populating the world and perfecting the formulas and events around weekly earnings. For now here's a little list of some of the features that will make it into the game.

Current/planned features:

  • A time system, incorporating a day/night cycle as well as daily/weekly time progression.
  • Energy, your character can only do so many things in a day before needing to rest.
  • Reputation, the combined fame of your brothel and the girls working in it will have an effect on how successful your business is. 
  • Upgrades, improve your customers experience by upgrading your facilities.
  • Staff, each subsection of staff will have different effects on your brothel, and your wallet.
  • NPC Relationships, depending on your relationship with certain characters you may receive additional benefits, be it convincing an innocent girl to work for you, a discount on your security costs or just getting a free blowjob from one of your girls.
  • Statistics, each girl has unique starting stats which effect how many customers they attract and how well they serve them. These stats can be raised over time.
So there you have it, a little introductory post to give everyone a brief idea of what's being worked on. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer them to your satisfaction.

- Obax

No comments:

Post a Comment