Sunday 2 March 2014

Progress check.

Hey all,

Just thought it'd be nice to post a little piece about how things are progressing. Things are coming along quite well. So far I've added two new girls, one of which has a lot of eventing work involved around so she took me a little bit longer than I'd expected but if I'd cut back on what I had planned then I would just regret it later so I stuck with it and Olivia is now all set and ready to work in your brothel, if you can convince her of course.

I've also added the first "hidden" girl. I'm curious to see how long it'll be before anyone finds her and what people think of her. Her names Naomi and she is quite "well" endowed ;)

On top of adding the two new girls I've also added a couple of new features, one of which is the Pocket Watch which players can buy from a merchant in the Market District, with this nifty contraption you can check the time wherever you are(you'll never be late for the tea party again!). Other than that I've made a few tweaks to the game systems for hiring girls etc. Nothing really noticeable in play but just things that will make life a little easier for me in the long run.

Here's my full changelog for v0.2 so far. Depending on how things progress next week and how happy I am with everything I may release it net weekend but don't hold me to that. I only plan on releasing updates when I'm convinced there's enough new content to make it worth the players time.

As usual any comments or suggestions are more than welcome.

P.S. To be extremely clear: NEW VERSION IS NOT OUT YET so please don't ask me where the link is, V0.1 is currently the only public release.

- Obax

Current V0.2 Changelog

-Added new girl - Olivia
-Added new(hidden) girl - Naomi
-Added pocket watch. Can be bought from merchant in Market District.
-Added Town Centre pub/hotel
-Added work option to players office, this advances time but adds a small amount of stress. (Should make getting to those night time specific quests a bit easier.)
-Added general store to market district - Nothing for sale as yet(except one quest object in a special event)
-Added a fame cap(for when the player still owns the original brothel)
-Changed character graphics for Nikki
-If the player is out later than 12 (e.g drinking) then they will not wake up until 10AM instead of always waking at 8AM.
-Implemented stress system - Still under development but the core mechanics are now in place.
-Leanne will now occasionaly point you in the direction of a girl who is not currently hired when you speak to her. She will also comment on the girls working for you. (She will only do this after the 1st week has passed. Before that she'll encourage you to explore the city on your own)
-Books in the Library now take 3 hours to read instead of 2.
-Playing cards in the Port bar now takes 2 hours instead of automatically ending the night.
-Tweaked starting stats for girls to allow for future additions. (You may notice a slight drop in earnings)
-Altered image positioning for placeholder images. Should all now display better. (Not all are the correct size to take up the full screen but they will be when it's the final images.)
-Tweaked code for hiring girls to make it a little easier for me when adding new girls to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment